4H Archery Tournament
2023 INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
5:00-5:30 p.m. – Check-in
5:45 p.m. – Shooting Begins
Ed Tyree – 314-330-3692
The 4H Archery Tournament is a chance for children ages 8 to 18 to showcase their abilities. All archers MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A 4H SHOOTING SPORTS PROJECT UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A CERTIFIED 4H SHOOTING SPORTS LEADER and a member is good standing in a 4H club. Age classes are based on the Missouri State 4H Shooting Sports rules. Ages are based on member’s age as of December 31, 2022.
The tournament will be held at the southwest corner of the fair grounds, across from the Horse Arena. Check in is 5:00 – 5:30 pm. Shooting will begin at 5:45 pm. Archers must pre-register by June 1 to participate. There will be no late registration. Registration forms are available at the Fair Office.
Divisions (age as of December 31, 2021)
Youth – ages 8-10
Junior – ages 11-13
Senior – ages 14-18
String peeps and optical sights are permitted except in Traditional Recurve and Compound No Sights. Sights that project an image onto the target are not allowed.
PLEASE SPECIFY COMPOUND OR RECURVE
- 800-A – Youth, with sights, compound or recurve fingers.
- 800-B – Junior, with sights, compound or recurve fingers.
- 800-C – Senior, with sights, compound or recurve fingers.
- 800-D – Youth, with sights and release, compound.
- 800-E – Junior, with sights and release, compound.
- 800-F – Senior, with sights and release, compound.
- 800-G – Youth, bare bow, no sights or release.
- 800-H – Junior, bare bow, no sights or release.
- 800-I – Senior, bare bow, no sights or release.
Rules and Regulations
- Youth will shoot at 10 yards.
- Junior will shoot at 15 yards.
- Senior will shoot at 20 yards.
- Archers will shoot 30-60 arrows, determined by amount of shooters.
- Scoring will range from 1-5, with 5 possible points per arrow.
- Trophies awarded for 1st through 3rd for classes with 3 or more participants.
The Meramec Community Fair Board, the University Outreach and Extension, the City of Sullivan, and any 4H Club are NOT responsible for injuries or accidents.